Sunday 12 May 2013

Jealousy Monster has Arisen Once More. Oh Boy :/

So a few weeks ago (or thereabouts) I wrote a piece about being a jealous singleton; basically me being jealous over smug, happy couples, after which I may have gotten off my face in beer and tears. But anyway...

This post is about me being Jealous over authors. Not all authors, only a few really, ones that are younger, more unique, and more talented (I think anyway) than me. Also, did I mention these teen-talents are published too? Ergh. 
Let me begin...

Over the past few months I've really gotten into literary journals - mostly the ones that promote local talent. I've only recently have submitted something myself and is currently waiting for the 'no. This is a rejection' reply. 
Some of the work is really amazing, like Oh, My God - others go over my head and others aren't my style - but we all have our opinions. 

It was however, that I came across one piece that I wasn't a fan of. After looking up the author's bio at the back of the journal, I found she had a blog, and decided I'd check it out. 
On the blog I found other pieces of writing - much better than her one in the journal. I started to really like her work and thought she was talented - this hasn't changed.
However, I then discovered that this talented, little Pixie is only 16. She's only 16?! Mother F*cker!!!!!! 

I was furious. How could someone, who is so young, be writing that stuff, getting published and be really talented?
I then made the discovery - she has had her work printed in multiple journals - some more than once. She also is an artist and had different forms of writing, artwork and whatever else this little Pixie can produce out there into the public. 

roigbiongorbnrginienfoenfnwleofniobnfnengirbiorfwfmrrpwofmv. 

Sorry, the jealousy monster in the pit of my soul took over. I discovered this weeks ago, and still haven't gotten control of it. 
I mean....I don't even....blah. 

I can't help but compare everything I do with her. And I'm losing. 
I know I sound pathetic, and a tad ridiculous...OK seriously ridiculous, but I can't help it - it's in my nature. 

I know it's like comparing apples and oranges; we have our own unique style, you can't compare because you are different, blah, blah, blah.
But this chick is a f**king mango - and who doesn't like mangoes?! 

It probably doesn't help that I celebrated my 20th birthday the other day, and I'm coming to the realisation that...I'm getting old. Like, a bad old, not the good old when you're still a teenager and can't wait to be 'older'. I'm getting walking-stick older - not good. 

So, with a face of defeat - though it's been a battle between myself, so I can hardly complain - I decided to write about it in Thought Bubble. 
As I logged on, I had a check over the other blogs I follow. One is for writers - I know, predictable! 
I scrolled down to a post written about a book for children. 
It has won many awards - well a couple anyway,
the author of the blog seemed to enjoy it,
it's a proper, out in the shelves published book,
and the author is ten years old........

What?! 

Yes, that's right people (or should I say write ;) lol) the author is a ten year old!

All of a sudden, that 16 year old is looking like a comrade in arms right now. 

I don't know how the Jealousy Monster is going to take this news. 




No comments:

Post a Comment