Wednesday 11 July 2012

To Keep the Degree, or Change the Degree? That is the Question.

University - the place where your decisions will have an impact on the rest of your life.
Well, career wise, anyway.

HELP!
Recently I made the decision to change my bachelor degree. I've been mulling it over for ages now, but until recently decided to take the plunge.
So I emailed the people I needed to talk to and asked how I change my degree.
I didn't think it would be that hard - I've already done units, which can be crossed over into my new degree and any that can't can be applied to credit.
Too easy.

Well, so I thought.

The process will take at least two weeks. I have only a month before enrolments close. And I can't enrol until they have given me an offer.
So I'm working against the clock here.
The longer I put off enrolling - the harder it will be to get the classes and the times I want.

Shit.

And on top of that, I've missed units, which can only be done in Semester one. So I will be behind - but I'm pretty sure, I can catch up next year - well at least I think.
And then I think, "what if I can't?"
 I know, just email people who can help and they will tell you. Well I have. Several times.
And here's my second worry.

I emailed the people to talk to on Monday, since then - today's Wednesday, I have been emailing them with new questions. Because obviously, once they answer something, a new question comes into my head.
And I'm a worrier. So I've been asking everything.
I know it's their job, and I'm sure they're happy to do it. But I can't help but feel sorry for them.
Here's a girl, changing her degree at the last minute, has a gazillion questions....

But I have to say, the women who has been helping me has been extremely helpful, and is doing a great job, helping me make a decision.

And yet, I still haven't made it.

To keep the degree?
Or change the degree?

I'm worried if I change my degree, it wont get processed in time, and then I don't know what I could do. I honestly don't.
On the other hand, if I keep the degree I'm doing now, the chances of me not enjoying it are high. I won't be interested in it and I'm positive it will impact my marks. In a negative way, obviously.

So what to do?
To be honest, I don't know. And with time working against me, I'm really starting to freak out.

Oh, and did I mention:
I've only done one semester of uni. I'm still new to this whole world, and mixing it up is seriously freaking me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment