Sunday 5 August 2012

Why is Writing so Hard?

Arg! 
I'm writing something. Not something huge - it begun as a hobby. Then I got into it more and more, and I have decided this idea is a good thing to write about. 


If you can't tell, I like to write. 


Arg! Even that beginning is stupid! 
I don't know why I thought writing up a new post would be a good idea. 
In fact, I don't think it is - but I have to write something. 
I have decided that I want to write at least 1,000 words a day - whether it's on here (probably won't be - sorry, just being honest) whether it's all for fun, or if I decide to get serious about something. 
I love to write and I really should be doing it more often - but sometimes it's just so hard! 


Like today.
To begin with, writing about this idea was a good one. I was flowing pretty good (oh dear - that was not a good comment, flowing pretty good - seriously?) 
But instead of flowing, I began scrutinising everything I write - like this for example. 
And now, the thought of continuing with what I was writing about is killing me. 


Sometimes I can write for hours, and it feels like only a couple of minutes. 
Other times (like today) I've only been writing for minutes, but boy, how it feels like hours. 


Hmm, maybe my goal of 1,000 a day will b tougher than I think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment