Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bus Encounters 2

One of my first posts was about an encounter with an elderly man I had on the bus one time (if you wish to read it - it's down the post list - pretty sure it's March) and today I had another unusual encounter - not on the bus - but at the interchange. 

Naturally it was one of those people talking about Religion - but they don't talk about that. 
They greet you with a friendly hello and ask you how your day has been. 
This one (I don't know for how long) was standing in front of me when I looked up. Thinking it was someone I knew I made eye contact - and he was in like Flynn. 

Next thing I knew he was asking me questions about everything. I think he thought I was a juvenile delinquent that needed saving. Once he realised that I was a normal adult that doesn't need saving, I think he realised he was wasting his time - I knew what he wanted, and I had no intention to fall for it.   

In fact, I turned the tables on him and began to ask him questions. 
I asked him stuff about him, where he'd travelled, and mentioned the badge he was wearing - asking if what he does was fun. 

By the time the bus arrived, he hadn't mentioned The Church, or talked to me about religion at all. 
Turning the tables for the win!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment