Wednesday 8 August 2012

London Olympics 2012

Well I did have to mention it, didn't I?
I can't have a blog about random thoughts, when the Olympics have been on my mind, and then not write something about it. 
But there's my problem; where do I start?
And, am I even allowed to blog about the Olympics?
Well, if that doesn't get me into trouble - this might: 

Google Images.

Well, the logo is a good place to start - I love it. End of. 
The colours go well, the placing of 2012 is smart, and I love the placing of the rings. 
When I first saw the logo, there was a bit of "hm's" and "um's" but I've really gotten used to it. 

Google Images
Ah, who didn't love the literature part of the ceremony? 
With the girl reading under the covers, evil villains coming to life, in one massive stadium takeover... just reminiscing about it now, makes me want to start reading some of those classic books. 
And Voldemort? Kinda lame, but still great entertainment...still I would have liked to have seen Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort for one last time. 
Then Mary Poppins saves the day....ah, great times. 
Easily the best part of the Opening Ceremony...well for me anyway. 

The games haven't been without it's hiccups. The NZ place catching on fire during a party is one; with disgraced players (from different countries) being sent home from cheating. 
Then there's always the rumours about doping, but I wont get into that here. 

There have been highs and lows - tears of both joy and grief.
We watch the athletes push their bodies to extreme lengths, as they fight it out to be the best. 
We've seen the worlds heart stop - making sure we don't miss a second.
Watched an array of events and sports.
Been apart of the action - even if we are half a world away. 

And we've still got four days to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment