Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Downsides to Being a Hermit

Choosing to live the hermit life is hard. 
Firstly, one tends to pick this life after experiencing what it's like to have friends. And as hermit life tends to creep up on its victim, these "friends" haven't yet realised the path you have taken.
Unfortunately the hermit life was forced on me. 
I desperately wish to go out - but my hermit-induced soul will not let that happen. 
Luckily for this part of my body, the rest of me doesn't have to will power to break free. I also contain other characteristics which help fuel my hermit ways. 
- I have few friends (I've touched on this before, so lets not go back there.)
- I don't drive (also something touched upon before.)
- I'm a worrier. 
- I tend to focus on the negative rather than the positive. 
- I don't work. 
- I never leave the house. 

As you can tell, I'm a delightful person to be around. But I wasn't always like this. At the start of last year, most of these things weren't on my list (not being able to drive, nor work, were still on the list) but the others weren't even an issue. I was engaged with real life dealings, would talk through my issues with real people and not that of a computer screen, would leave the house at least five days a week, would regularly attend parties and was always seen as the "funny one" (funny here being ha ha and not weird). 

It is this person, that these friends still believe I am. And was why, yesterday, I received a birthday invite from one of them. 
I haven't talked to most of them in over a year. 
Some I departed with on bad terms. 
They all still talk to each other regularly. 
My #1 arch frenemy - someone who was a friend but wasn't, isn't invited - so I don't know what this means. 
I don't know how to get there (I don't drive remember).
Or get home. 
I don't even know if any of them actually like me any-more. Maybe they are hoping that I wont show. 

But with only a few days to make up my mind - things are not looking good for Daydreamer . HELP. 
.


No comments:

Post a Comment