Tuesday 4 December 2012

Forever Alone

Hey guys,
A very unusual and embarrassing account happened to me today and and if I had friends I would surely laugh about it with them. But because I don't, you (people of the Internet) get to hear it instead. 

At least I'm not this guy.
Now, I know I'm not a social person. I haven't left the house since...oh wait, I left it yesterday, but not to meet anybody.
Basically, when it comes to leaving the house for a social occasion (family members excluded) it is very, very rarely. 
A lot of friends I used to have I don't talk to often or at all, let alone actually catch up with them. 

When I heard my phone buzz this afternoon it was quite a shock. It goes off little and the vibration it makes against my dresser is quite loud. I grabbed it thinking it would be the phone company ("A special offer, only for a limited time") and was even more shocked to discover that it was an actual person - an actual friend. 
Even more shocking, someone I haven't talked to (at all) in literally months! 
And the message captured that...

OMG How are you?? We haven't talked in ageeeessssss -_- talk soon Babe. 

Now, even though I hadn't communicated with this person in a while, this wasn't how they acted when I did used to talk to them.
Looking back, I should have seen the signs. 
Nevertheless, I was touched to see that someone had actually remembered me and wanted to catch up (I only presumed). I wanted to reply straight away. Telling them that I know it has been ages, but regardless would love to hang out.

But I had no credit. 

Bugger. It would have to wait. 

So, I continued what I was doing, and decided afterward, I would log onto the Internet and chat with her there. I got caught up with some other stuff and left my room. 
It was around half an hour when I got back. I turned my computer on and went to my phone to check the message again. I had another message.

Me? Daydreamer has another message? Two in one day, that's a record. 

It was from the same person. Telling me that the children she coaches had taken her phone and sent messages to random people. 
And this was it. The bottom of the bottom of my social life. The only person to talk to me and want to hang out, was nothing but a seven year olds prank.

That's embarrassing. But I can be thankful for my phone credit (or lack there of). If I had of had credit and sent a heartfelt message filled with memories, reminiscent and old times - could you imagine the humiliation then; for the both of us? 
At least I could brush it off with a casual "yeah, I saw that - pretty funny" response.  

So I know I'm unsociable - but really?! Did I deserve this? 
I don't think so. 
So for anyone who's feeling a bit alone, here's something to cheer you (and I) up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment