Thursday 12 April 2012

A Quiet Night In

It's a Thursday night.
So like normal 19 year olds, I should be out in Civic; getting piss drunk, dancing, getting piss drunk, hitting on hot guys, getting hit on by ugly ones- oh and did I mention getting off my face?

but instead I'm here; In my room, writing a piece on where I should really be.

Now don't take this as a self obsorbed, whiny, bitchy, get-over-yourself-you-pathetic-loser post.
This is more asking the question or more pleading to the public...

"Calling all homebodies, self confessed couch potatoes and bed dwellers alike! For those who'd rather stay warm in bed reading a book than seeing the film version that's out. For those who, watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy is an action packed Saturday night. And for anyone who'd rather watch the footy on TV, than sit in the freezing cold; this post is for you!"

Believe me Brothers and Sisters, you're preaching to the choir if you think I'm not a true believer.

Because I have always been this way. I have no issues staying home and chilling out here. Now of course from time to time one must brave the unknown or "outside"; work, uni, friend, family commitments (not to mention low food supplies) means one must venture out and make ones abode more pleasent.
For nothing makes "no place like home" then leaving; knowing in a few hours/days, you'll be back and safe in your cave.

So if I'm a true believer than what's with the post?
Casually strolling down my facebook newsfeed I notice how many status' include "Civic; yeah Bitches!" and the always- "Who's doing Civic runs tonight?"
I must confess there was a pang- no, no, lets make it a ping of sadness- the why didn't you go out as well?

For once, my friendship group actually organised something with more than an hours notice.
Did I want to go? Of course.
But then the "Homebody" inside of me lept out, and going didn't seem that appealling anymore.

So I guess my point to all of this is this-

Dear Homebodies, couch potatoes and bed dwellers alike.
Embrace your homeliness- your love for the simple, casual night out.
But never be afraid to venture out into this land of "outside"
whether it's clubbing or something else- let your wild side take over and have fun!
Then the next night you can have our fun- watching secretly loved movies with a cup of tea.
From
Daydreamer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment