Friday 6 April 2012

A Busy Easter Weekend

Today is Good Friday. And as you would all be aware today signifies the start of a four day weekend.
Whether that's all it is for you or something more these four days signify the time to be with family.
At least it does for mine.

For me this long weekend I would like to (or should) be doing an assignment due very soon. Instead my days are full of family activities. - And seeing as procrastinating is one of my favourite things I thought I'd break it down in this blog- instead of assignment doing.

So today (and no doubt very soon) Mum will drag me to the shops to pick up prawns.
No big drama there, but it won't end there I am sure.
Mum and I have the habit of going crazy when we shop. One thing turns into another and before we know it, the boot is full with stuff and we have a coffee in our hands (a reward for that days shop.)
 
And once I get back I'll be too exhusted to even think about turning on my computer (well for work at least.) Not to mention the footy is on this afternoon in which Mum, my brother and I will sit round the telly to watch. Then there's the footy tonight (we're kinda footy fans if you haven't guessed yet) in which the three of us will now be joined with my Dad (who unfortunately has to spend Good Friday at work.)

Now that was only Today.

A few days ago I recieved a call from my Grandma or Nanna as she's more fondly known.
She wanted to know if my brother and I wanted to to go over to her house on Saturday and bake easter treats for the following day.
My cousin studies at a Townsville uni and was able to come down to Canberra for the week.

*sidenote: So my family is of Maltese background and "family" to my Nanna is EVERYTHING. And to have four of her grandchildren (she has 7) available to spend extra time with her is a big deal.

How could I say no?
But I didn't want to say no anyway. The idea of the delicious cookies baking in the oven, the frosting we'll get to try, the chocolate that will surely be given to us as a special reward.
I loved the idea of being a kid again and taking time to have some serious family fun (c'mon when do we ever get the time to do that?)

So Saturday I will be at Nanna's house all day baking; not that I mind. So Saturday's gone.

Wake up Sunday. Easter Sunday.
This is where I am stumped about what will accour that morning. When we were kids we did the traditional Easter hunt; where Mum and Dad had hidden chocolate eggs around the house and we got  to find them. Now that my brother and I weren't kids anymore I wasn't sure if this would still be happening.
But I wasn't bothered if it wasn't. I'd be gettig tons of chocolate from Aunties and Uncles to last all year (they almost did) and the idea of too much chocolate made me sick- I'm not a big chocolate fan.

By the end of the four days (and yes I know I only mentioned three) I'll be stuffed to the eyeballs with chocolate. With an assignment untouched.

I guess now we wait and see if my predictions come true or not...hmmm, I think I hear Mum calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment