Wednesday 18 April 2012

I Don't Know Whether the Weather Will be Any Good Today

Sorry to anyone reading this because it's going to be a completely narcissistic post. But seeing as all my other ones are too, then it doesn't really matter.

Now this post goes out to the residents of Canberra, A.C.T.

As a female I find it hard enough to come up with something different to wear everyday. Working out whether the jeans can survive one more day, or if they've had thier time and need to be washed. Looking at shirts, seeing if they match the rest of the outfit. 
For some; picking the everyday clothing is easy (whatever's on the floor/closet) for others (like me) it can be a struggle. 

And this is without the weather. 
Of course the mention of weather complicates things.
The weather issue can be dealt with in two ways:

1: Picked perfect outfit only to find out it's not weather appropriate.
This is the worst of the two. You've spent all that time nit-picking your outfit until you've got it right- down to the shoes; only to find out it's going to be to cold/hot for what you've picked.
Solution= Must start over.

2: Find out weather before hand and pick according to forcast.
Now this is the better option. For one can simply find out the weather (as the title suggests) and pick an outfit accordingly.

Of course this only works if you DONT live in Canberra.

Yesterday's forcast was cloudy, 19 degrees, with winds.

So I dressed accordingly- skirt (with stockings) and a longsleeve turtleneck (red if anyone's wondering).
Alas, the weather decided to warm up, it went over 19 degrees AND to top it off there were no winds and the sun decided to come out.
As one could imagine, it got pretty hot in that outfit, pretty quick.

So when today's forcast was 20 and showers I stupidly thought "yeah it'll warm up."
But of course this is Canberra; so in my short sleeve jumper-like-zip up- thingy I almost froze to death; what I wouldn't have done for some sleeves!
And of course it decided to rain - all day - and be very windy.

I guess I can't be suprised. Growing up in Canberra meant days of unpredictable weather, all year round, but now I'm not constrained to a school uniform and I have to pick something different everyday, I find this Canberra weather very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment