Friday 27 December 2013

Here's to NOT going overseas!!

For the past two years I've watched as my friends have said Adieu to Australian soil and stepped forth into lands beyond. 
Whether it was the UK, Europe, America, NZ, the tropical islands, with bags packed and smiles on their faces (and pictures all over their facebook) their horizons broadened and so did they. 

Unfortunately, with my feet firmly planted in my backyard I have remained the same. I have no tales of the land beyond, I haven't discovered anything new and I'm not one to go to for travel advice. 

Travelling is always something I've wanted to do - And I have a few places in mind. However due to financial drought, a run-out of friends, University - not to mention the dark time in my life when I literally did nothing, saw no one and wanted to kill myself - travelling is something that had to take a back seat. 

When people were saving up for a trip, I was crying my eyes out and slowly wilting my life away (yeah, sad story, bro). Now I'm in  the stage of my life where I'm saving my dough for the beyond, however the people around me already have that money saved and are rushing around the world before I can say 'wait for me!'

I'll be honest, it sucks to be the only one not travelling  - while that's not true, it certainly feels like it. I even have some friends that are going overseas for the second time ;'( <- crying!! 

There's nothing I can do about it. All I have to do is focus on myself, save up and hopefully (one day) I can be the one exploring new seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment