Thursday 27 June 2013

Trust me to get a Full Time Job When the Altador Cup is on

Because I'm really cool like, about a year ago I indulged in an old childhood game and reconnected with Neopets
Destruct-O-Match!!!!
When I was younger I would usually talk on the Newbies board and do little else, except for some Destruct-O-Match; that game was epic! I could play it all day long. 
Then a time came where I got too old (and busy) to play; I got bored and I may have been given one to many suspensions from the game (oops). 
When I decided to reconnect in late July last year - my post can be read right here, people - I wasn't into it; at first. 
My post talks about how the game had changed and I wasn't really a fan - but to be honest the game grew on me. 
This was a new beginning and I decided my new account would be different. 
I started paying attention to my Neopet - giving him food he wanted, playing games with him, paying attention to his Pet-Pet thing, making him happy, full and - for the first time - levelling him up. 
I'd never levelled up any of my Neopets before, and I was keen to get going. 
It's been a year and my little Moehog is a grand total of level 6! He would be higher, but I don't want to rush him into anything - he has to go to training school...anyway, that's not important. 
A part of the game allows you to look up other users - you can see how long they've had an account, what Neopets they have and their stats; but it also shows you game trophies and site trophies that they have received. 
This was it. 
My new goal on Neopets. 
I needed game trophies and I would work my hardest to get some. And I have! Not many, I think I only have a few - but some of them are not easy to get! 
Then, at the end of May this year, a buzz went around the site about the Altador Cup. 
I had never heard of it before!
I soon found out that it's the Neopets version of the Olympic Games. It's a yearly competition (that goes throughout the month of June) that all the worlds compete in. 
As a player you can chose a world to side with and you play these games (there's four) that only appear in the Cup. 
From memory, I had never heard of the Altador Cup - though I wasn't big on these things in my old account anyway.
I didn't really know what to expect; how competitive it was, what the games would be, who were the teams to beat and which one I should join - but I decided.....I had to participate in this years Cup! 
So it began. 
I picked team Tyrannia and have never looked back. They were friendly on the boards, and I was pretty good at the games for a Newbie. 
You have a rank that follows you throughout the Games, and when the Cup is over people can look at your Altador Games Statistics - *gulp* no pressure or anything. 
I made a commitment that I would play everyday - I had nothing else on anyway. 
I wasn't a hardcore gamer, and I was starting to fall behind those people who play it (literally!) all day long. But I wasn't far behind. 

Then it happened, the title of my post. 
I, Daydreamer, by some miracle, got a job. One where they actually pay you, like real money. 
But it wasn't just any job. With my Uni break I'm free all of the time - and with those sorts of hours available - I began working full time. 

If I thought I was falling behind on the Cup scores then, it was nothing to how I feel now. 

*I would also like to take this time to say yes - this is why I haven't blogged in a long time. Sorry. 

Today I have a day off; yay! And I took the opportunity to play some games to boost my Cup scores. I even managed to make it to rank 2. For me that's a big thing but for others, they were rank 2 by the fifth day of the games! 
I can't see myself getting a higher rank than that - the time has flown and there are only a few more days of the Cup left. 
I'm also back to work tomorrow. 

So my commitment may have flown through the floor - and trust me to get a full time job when I finally have something going on - OK, not that the Cup is important or anything but for some people, it is. 
While I wouldn't trade my job for all the All-Star Ranks in the Cup, it would've been nice if I had gotten a higher rank than level 2. 

I'll also try and Blog more - having a job is no excuse to be slack. 

If you're a Neopets player, and participated in the Cup, I'd love to hear from you. 
What team did you join? 
What were your personal goals and did you achieve them?
Though I didn't get as much playing time as I would have liked, I loved the Altador Cup and enjoyed the time I did have playing. 
I can't wait till next year! 

Ugga, Ugg - Tyrannia!

No comments:

Post a Comment