Tuesday 28 January 2014

A wanna be a festival chick

Here's my confession; I'm 20 and I've never been to a music festival. 
I know; it's pathetic. 
I should have been to many local festivals by now and at least gone to one interstate festival. But to my dismay I have not. 
Apart from the times when I never left the house, did or went anywhere (thanks depression years) I don't exactly have friends who charge at the idea of festivals. 
I'm not sure if I do either. 
Anything over 30 degrees Celsius for me is balmy and I start to melt. 
I'm a short woman and being pit deep next to shirtless men isn't exactly my ideal day either. 
I also cannot stand crowds and I know if I get caught in a mosh pit I will hyperventilate. 
So why do I want to go? 
I feel as though it's a rite of passage for young people these days. Whether I like it or hate it, going to as least one festival, to only say that I've been to one I feel is important. 
I know it might be strange but I feel like I'm missing out. By not having been to a festival before, I feel as though I'm not partaking in something that young people do and love. 
So my plan is to go to a festival this year - in April. 
It's a national tour that comes to my town, and I would love to go. I can afford it and while Uni will still be on at that point, I think it's something my friends and I can juggle - it's only one day after all. 

I just need to convince my friends to go now. :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment